This podcast begins our discussion of what order is and where order comes from. It lays out the theoretical framework for the more empirics-focused discussions coming later in the series.
Click here to listen to our first roundtable discussion.
Our discussion follows the following outline:
Discussion of Order
- What is order?
- How do we know order when we see it?
- Stability v. instability in the international system
- What kind of “order” are we working towards? What kind of order should we be working towards?
Theoretical Building Blocks
- Review relevant theories of international politics.
- What can the theories explain?
- What can’t they explain?